Only months after the introduction of the highly successful Soundcraft Vi6™, the Vi Series of digital live sound consoles has been extended with the new Soundcraft Vi4 model, offering all the functionality and facilities of the Soundcraft Vi6, but in a smaller, more compact footprint more suited for space-conscious applications such as Theatres, Houses of Worship and venues or clubs with space-limited mix positions. In just under 1.5m/5 feet, the Soundcraft Vi4 offers access to 96 inputs on 24 faders, with a total of 35 output busses available for use as masters, groups, auxes or matrices. All other features of the Soundcraft Vi6, such as the highly acclaimed Vistonics™ II touch-screen user interface, Soundcraft FaderGlow™ fader function display and the unequalled audio quality are inherited by the Soundcraft Vi4.
- Max number of simultaneous mixing channels 96 mono inputs into 35 Outputs. Pairs of mono inputs can be linked to create stereo channels.
- Insert points 24 insert send/return pairs can be configured (using available I/O) and assigned to any of the 96 inputs or 35 output channels.
- Direct Outputs All 96 input channels can have direct outputs in addition to their internal bus routing, assuming sufficient I/O is available (eg optical MADI card).
- Busses 32 Grp/Aux/Matrix, plus main LCR Mix and LR Solo busses (maximum of 16 matrix outputs can be configured).
- Connection from local rack to stagebox: Standard fit: Cat5 cable, with Amphenol RJF connectors. Optional: Fibre Optical interface card (additional cost).
- Max distance, local rack to stagebox: 100m using Soundcraft-approved flexible reel-mounted Cat5 cable, 130m possible using Cat7 permanent installation cable.
- GPIO facility: There are 16 GPIO contact closure inputs and outputs on the local rack, and 8 inputs and outputs on the stagebox.
- MIDI: There is 1 MIDI In and 2 MIDI Outs on the rear of the control surface.