The Vari-Lite VL3000Q Spot luminaire is a powerful 1200W lumininaire with a noticeable reduction in noise output from the original Series 3000 luminiaires. The VL3000Q Spot luminaire maintains the new standards for imagery, beam control, color and brightness in spot luminaires. The “Q” range fixtures are designed for situations where the absence of noise is critical to the performance.
The Series 3000Q Spot moves and operates the same as the original Series 3000 luminaires. The trade off is strictly thermal. The “Q” range has an ambient temperature rating of 40-degrees Celsius, compared to the 50-degrees Celsius rating on the standard Series 3000 fixtures.
The Vari-Lite VL3000Q Spot luminaire features a 6:1 zoom optics, CYM color mixing, variable CTO color temperature correction, a six position fixed color wheel, two rotating gobo wheels, one rotating effects wheel, a beam size iris, and separate dimmer and ultra-fast strobe mechanisms. A standard pallet of gobos, effects and colors is provided with the unit. Custom gobos, effects and colors are available.
An upper enclosure houses the control electronics as well as the arc power supply for the 1200 watt short arc lamp. The arc power supply is power factor corrected for superior power distribution and efficiency.
The VL3000Q Spot luminaire can be controlled from a wide variety of DMX512 consoles without the need for additional interface equipment.
The change in size and weight due to the modifications is minimal, allowing a consistent hang configuration and appearance no matter which luminaire type is required. The bottom vent cover is one inch taller, and the fixture is one pound heavier than the original Series 3000 fixtures.
- Color System: A three-filter CYM cross-fading mechanism. A fixed color wheel with six interchangeable color filters and continuous wheel rotation for additional effects. It includes a variable CTO color temperature correction filter.
- Zoom Optics: A 13-element 6:1 zoom optics system, covering a range from 10° to 60°.
- Beam Size Control: A mechanical iris provides continuous beam size control for rapid and smooth timed beam angle changes.
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects.
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation.
- Rotating Gobo Wheels: Three gobo/effects wheels combine to provide 14 rotatable, indexable gobo positions. Each wheel also has one open position.
- Edge and Pattern Focus: Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots. Remarkable depth of field capability allows morphing effects between all pattern and effects wheels.
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
- Source: 1200W Short Arc Lamp
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- CRI: 85
- Fixture Output: 20,000 lumens.
- Power Requirements: Standard AC power distribution from 200– 264 VAC, 50/60 HZ. The unit requires 7 to 12 A depending on the AC supply voltage.
- Reflector: Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating.
- Operational Temperature: -20° to 104°F (-29° to 40°C).
- Cooling: Forced air cooling.
- Control: Completely compatible with a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
- DMX Channels: 28
- Mounting Position: The VL3000 Spot luminaire can be mounted and operated in any orientation.
- Spacing: Hangs on 26 in. (66 cm) centers.
- Weight: 94 lbs (43 kg).