The Vari-Lite VL3500 Spot luminaire maintains the same high standards for imagery, beam control, color and brightness set by the original Vari-Lite Series 3000 Spot luminaires, but with the added feature of a four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image.
The Vari-Lite VL3500 Spot luminaire features a 6:1 zoom optics, CYM color mixing, variable CTO color temperature correction, a six-position color wheel, two gobo/effects wheels, a shutter and separate dimmer and ultra-fast strobe mechanisms. A standard pallet of gobos, effects and colors is provided with the unit. Custom gobos, effects and color are available.
An upper enclosure houses the control electronics as well as the arc power supply for the 1200 watt short arc lamp. The arc power supply is power factor corrected for efficient power distribution. The VL3500 Spot luminaire can be controlled from a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
The luminaire is the same size as all other Vari-Lite Series 3000 luminaires, providing a consistent hang configuration and appearance no matter which luminaire type is required.
- Color System: A three-filter CYM cross-fading mechanism. A fixed color wheel with six interchangeable color filters and continuous wheel rotation for additional effects. It includes a variable CTO color temperature correction filter.
- Zoom Optics: A 13-element 6:1 zoom optics system, covering a range from 10° to 60°.
- Shutter Control: A four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image. The entire mechanism can rotate 50º in either direction.
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects.
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation.
- Rotating Gobo Wheels: One gobo/effects wheel provides five rotatable, indexable gobo positions and one open position.
- Fixed Gobo Wheel: One fixed gobo/effects wheel provides six positions for standard or custom gobos and one open position.
- Edge and Pattern Focus: Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots. Remarkable depth of field capability allows morphing effects between all pattern and effects wheels.
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
- Source: 1200W Short Arc Lamp
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- CRI: 85
- Fixture Output: 20,000 lumens.
- Power Requirements: Standard AC power distribution from 200– 264 VAC, 50/60 HZ. The unit requires 7 to 12 A depending on the AC supply voltage.
- Reflector: Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating.
- Operational Temperature: -20° to 122°F (-29° to 50°C).
- Cooling: Forced air cooling.
- Control: Completely compatible with a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
- DMX Channels: 31
- Mounting Position: The VL3500 Spot luminaire can be mounted and operated in any orientation.
- Spacing: Hangs on 26 in. (66 cm) centers.
- Weight: 91 lbs (41 kg).