VL3515 Spot luminaire provides the increased output of a 1500W lamp in a fixture that offers the same features as the wildly popular VL3500 Spot luminaire.
Using a 1500W Osram double-ended short arc lamp, the VL3515 Spot also features 6:1 zoom optics, CYM color mixing, variable CTO color temperature correction, a six-position color wheel, two gobo/effects wheels, a shutter and separate dimmer, and ultra-fast strobe mechanisms..
The VL3515 luminaire has an added feature of a four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image.
Two reflectors are standard on the luminaire allowing users to choose between either a peaked or flat field beam. In the peaked beam, the fixture provides 27,000 lumens of output, and in the flat field beam, an output of 22,000 lumens is achieved. Reflectors are easily changed, and whichever one is not chosen rides securely inside the luminaire on a specially designed mount.
The VL3515 Spot luminaire is complete with a palette of Vari-Lite gobos, effects and colors, while custom gobos, effects and colors are also available. Additionally, the fixture is similarly sized in comparison to all other Series 3000 products providing a consistent hang configuration and appearance, no matter which luminaire is required.
The VL3515 Spot luminaire allows users to operate its single lamp at three different wattages via either a control channel setting or a lamp menu option. With only a setting adjustment, the fixture will run its short arc lamp at 900W, 1200W or 1650W without any detrimental effects on the lamp.
- Color System: A three-filter CYM cross-fading mechanism. A fixed color wheel with six interchangeable color filters and continuous wheel rotation for additional effects. It includes a variable CTO color temperature correction wheel.
- Zoom Optics: A 13-element 6:1 zoom optics system, covering a range from 10° to 60°
- Shutter Control: A four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image. The entire mechanism can rotate 50º in either direction.
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects.
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation.
- Rotating Gobo Wheels: One gobo/effects wheel provides five rotatable, indexable gobo positions and one open position.
- Fixed Gobo Wheel: One fixed gobo/effects wheel provides six positions for standard or custom gobos and one open position.
- Edge and Pattern Focus: Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots. Remarkable depth of field capability allows morphing effects between all pattern and effects wheels.
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
- Source: Triple wattage, double-ended lamp. The lamp is capable of operation at 900W, 1200W or 1650W – mode selectable from fixture or console.
- Color Temperature: 6000K at 1650W and 6300K at 900W and 1200W
- Fixture Output:
- 24,987 lumens (Peaked Reflector)
- 21,918 lumens (Flat Field Reflector)
- Power Requirements: Standard AC power distribution from 200– 264 VAC, 50/60 HZ. The unit requires 8 to 12 A depending on the AC supply voltage.
- Reflectors: Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating.
- Operational Temperature: -20° to 104°F (-29° to 40°C).
- Cooling: Forced air cooling.
- Control: Completely compatible with a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
- DMX Channels: 31
- Mounting Position: The VL3515 Spot luminaire can be mounted and operated in any orientation.
- Spacing: Hangs on 26 in. (66 cm) centers.
- Weight: 94 lbs (43 kg).