The VL4000 Spot includes all the tools needed to create dynamic and useful lighting on any stage. Every aspect of the luminaire has been designed with performance in mind. The VL4000 Spot boasts 33,000 lumens and features a quiet Studio mode outputting 25,000 lumens. High resolution optics ensure remarkable center-to-edge focusing and an unprecedented contrast ratio. A 5:1 zoom covers an amazing 9 to 47 degrees without sacrificing output or clarity.
The luminaire has incredibly smooth color mixing whether operating in a slow fade or instant snap. The dual opposing fixed color wheels achieve unique color effects, providing a multitude of multicolor combinations.
The VL4000 Spot luminaire features dual rotating gobo wheels with a remarkable new collection of optimized gobo patterns for both aerial and projected imagery. Dual animation wheels provide dynamic motion effects as well as the chromatically tuned Dichro*Fusion effect. The beam can be further modified via the precise four blade shutter system and mechanical iris. An independent prism with divergence control and variable frost are also implemented into the luminaire.
Unbelievably smooth dimming flags combined with independent shutter blades deliver unmatched dimming and strobing abilities. New innovative electronics infrastructures and luminaire software enable the VL4000 Spot luminaire to outperform all other luminaires on multiple accounts. A battery-backed full color LCD display is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. New multi-point connections allow the luminaire to be hung at any angle, while a pocketed safety cable attachment trap effortlessly ensures added safety.
- Color System: A three filter CYM cross fading system capable of extremely smooth movements at both slow and fast speeds, and a variable CTO color temperature correction system.
- Fixed Color Wheels: Two opposing fixed color wheels each with five interchangeable color filters are capable of producing multi-color effects and variable wheel rotations.
- Zoom Optics: A 12-element 5:1 zoom optics system, covering a range from 9° to 47°.
- Beam Size Control: A mechanical iris provides continuous beam size control for rapid and smooth timed beam angle changes.
- Shutter Control: A four-blade shutter mechanism that allows the blades to be operated independently or in unison on two planes for a clear and crisp image. The entire mechanism can rotate 50º in either direction.
- Rotating Gobo Wheels: Two gobo wheels combine to offer seven rotatable, indexable gobo positions and one open position.
- Animation Wheels: Two animation wheels each offer unique rotatable, indexable patterns with variable motion control from horizontal to vertical. Unique Dichro*Fusion pattern is chromatically tuned to provide endless color effects.
- Rotating Prism: Independent rotating and indexing 3-facet prism with variable divergence control.
- Edge and Pattern Focus: Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots. Remarkable depth of field capability allows morphing effects between gobo and animation wheels.
- Variable Frost: Independent variable frost glass with adjustable softness control.
- Intensity Control: Full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades as well as quick dimming effects.
- Strobe: High-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation.
- Pan and Tilt: Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Range: Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270°.
- Accuracy: 0.3° resolution.
- Source: 1200W Philips MSR Gold FastFit lamp (rated for 800-1400W operation) running at 1400W in Standard mode or 1200W in Studio mode.
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- Fixture Output:
- Standard Mode: 33,000 lumens
- Studio Mode: 25,000 lumens
- Reflector: Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating.
- Power Requirements: Standard AC power distribution from 200 – 240VAC, 50/60 Hz. The unit requires up to 11.0 A depending on the AC supply voltage.
- Menu System: Full color LCD with battery powered control.
- Operational Temperatures:
- Standard Mode: -20° to 104°F (-29° to 40°C)
- Studio Mode: -20° to 122°F (-29° to 50°C)
- Cooling: Forced air cooling.
- DMX Control: Completely compatible with a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
- DMX Channels: 57 Channels (Enhanced 16-Bit Mode) / 52 Channels (16-Bit Mode)
- RDM Control: Completely compatible with a wide variety of RDM devices.
- Mounting Position: The VL4000 Spot luminaire can be mounted and operated in any orientation and includes multiple mounting bracket options.
- Spacing: Hangs on 25 in. (63.5 cm) centers
- Weight: 90 lbs (40.9 kg)